Our History

churchOur church St. John the Baptist, was built between 1799 and 1800 on the site of previous churches dating back over 700 years to the time of the Norman Conquest and has been a focus of village life ever since then.

As part of our grant application to the Heritage Lottery Fund we are in collaboration with the Longworth and District History Society to research its colourful history.  

We will be publishing these results over the next year. Why not visit history snippets